Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Where the Wild Things Are" Art Lesson


After teaching art to 3 Kindergarten classes in one day you are either completely exhausted, have glue in your hair, black paint under your nails and a stain on your new jeans... 
or...
You know that you have the best job in the world.


I KNOW I have the best job in the world and that all the mess, snotty noses and coughing in your face that comes with a 5 year olds personality is all worth it. It is worth it when 60 students create "Monsters" inspired from "Where the Wild Things Are" and the results are just AMAZING...


This lesson including many, many more will be published on my "Kids Art Classroom" website shortly. 

Painting is something I hardly ever have the energy to do on Thursdays when I teach Kindergarten so these I painted yesterday.



Frida Kahlo ACEO's


Find all my ART for SALE at Jeanette's Folk Art

4 comments:

Diane said...

This post made me smile--I loved it!

Linnea Carlstrom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lallee said...

Oh, I love the creativity of the little ones. What a great collage of their art! Wouldn't that make a fun fabric?

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

I just can't wait to publish all my art lessons =) Working on new lessons daily and am almost done. The monsters would make the "perfect" fabric.