Monday, April 12, 2010

Daughter has Mono and I paint Owls....

Seems like these owls keep appearing on my canvases these days... funny how I never really know what might show up when I take out that  brand new white canvas... 

This guy is created out of some vintage fabric I had laying around. You can find him for SALE at www.collectartowork.com

My youngest daughter is down hard with "Mono". Feels like she is doing the "one step forward...two steps back... sort of thing being so very exhausted.  She was diagnosed a week ago and if I remember when my oldest had Mono in High School a few years ago it takes forever to get better. We are both on spring break this week so she has only missed one week of school so far... I worry she will get behind...6th grade is so busy these days that I have to pretty much homeschool her while she is sick. 

On top of the "homeschooling", Illustrations and teaching I am behind on my painting and Collect Artwork is sort of empty when it comes to my art. 

Perhaps I just need to created more owls... they always make me smile...


3 comments:

Diane said...

Your art is so darn fun!!! I hope your daughter feels better soon. My son had it when he was in college--it really knocked him out.

Mary said...

My mother-in-law collected owls, and I was kind of over them. But I have to tell you they are becoming very appealing to me!!!!

I love the real ones mind you, it's the ceramic ones she had all over the place. I just bought a stuffed one that's covered in a variety of prints and colors!! :)

I agree with Diane, your art is so darn fun!!!!

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Thanks ladies.... I found a vintage necklace with this rusty old owl pendant that I just adore. The Mono is the pitts... seems like she is not getting any better at all =(