Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love polka dots and tortellini with meatball soup

How can you not just love polka dots :o). When they are red or turquoise I just smile. Too bad the husband is not too into the idea of having the whole house decorated polka dot style. I just have to keep my polka dots here on my blog and see if I can't one day find out how to put polka dots in the background and make my banner filled with polka dots and some of my ART. How hard can it be right...just some of that Html and other language I so don't know anything about.

Hope your Saturday is wonderful! I just came back from a nice long walk looking at all the "spring". Magnolia trees in full bloom, birds singing and close to 68 degrees. Now I want to eat some of that wonderful tortellini and meatball soup I made and head up into my studio to rip some paper or sew some stitches on my fabric banners.

Tortellini Soup Recipe altered by me:

2 cans of vegetable broth+ 1 can water
1 small leek sliced fine
3 big carrots chopped in small pieces
3 tbsp olive oil
simmer for 4 min.
add broth and water to simmer for another 4 min.
add 2 c. tortellini (I bought the frozen kind) and just stuck it in the micro for 1 min. before adding to the soup
3 cloves chopped garlic
a bunch of homemade meatballs (cooked)
Italian spices
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to tase
simmer for 10 min.
ENJOY...
I am

2 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

Visst är det gulligt! Speciellt de små väskorna gillar jag.
Ja du jag kan nog förstå att du längtar efter årstidsväxlingarna här i Sverige, men efter snö ? Har ni ingen vinter alls i Kalifornien ?

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Ingen snö här jag bor runt San Francisco trakten. Här bara regnar det lite grann på vintern och sen blir det sol och sol och sol i 8 månader i sträck. Som Svensk blir man lite tossig utan årstider.