Monday, February 16, 2009

Anyone else teaching ART to kids???







I teach ART at a local Elementary School grades 1,2,4 and 5. I also teach a special needs class with kids in K/1. I would love to come in contact with other bloggers to share lessons and ideas. It is hard to stay motivated and come up with new lessons every day and it would be fantastic to have some support. I create all my ART lessons and have some wonderful results from the kids, they are so amazing when it comes to creating ART. Even if you don't teach ART in a classroom but teach your own kids ART everyday let me know how you are doing, what you are doing and I can help you with some cool and fun projects.

The pictures above is ART made by some students in a 3rd grade class. We where talking about Georgia O'Keeffe and I was showing them some of her work, including some of the bleached skulls she loved to paint. We used bleach on q tips painting on brown construction paper....the result was magical.

No comments: