Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tulips!!!


I just love tulips and always know that when they show up it is time for my birthday. Tomorrow is the big day and I just saw some tulips blooming while on a walk the other day. They can also be bought in the store and that is how the traditions started for me as a young girl. In Sweden we do NOT have blooming tulips in our backyards in February but they can be bought in the store :). My Mother always bought tulips for my birthday and it was always so nice in the dark winter to see the beautiful colors and something growing, even though it was out of a pot. Tomorrow I am hoping for tulips and if no one remembers to get me tulips I will get my own. I saw some in Safeway the other day :). Just a few hours now and I am a year older.... (shivers)....

No comments: