Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jelly roll fabric and messy ART Studio


I just love fabric....how can you not? These jelly rolls are amazing and so much fun to work with. I found this one yesterday at the amazing price of $6.99. The strips of fabric are 2,5" and the roll holds 42 strips. The project is a log cabin block quilt and I can't wait to get started....


That is where the problem starts! I can't wait to get started... hm... think I have something I "need" to do first...

My Art Studio is a MESS...I can't fit anything on my very long desk since it is covered in unfinished projects and fun ideas...You see, I often say, "I can't wait to start working on this new project" and I do... I start and very often finish but on a normal day I work on several projects at a time. I get easily bored and if I am sewing on a quilt that I really don't feel like working on the work gets sloppy and the quilt nasty. I might feel like painting flowers one minute and glue gnomes to wood the next... so I do...


That is why one wall in my studio looks like this....filled to the brim with supplies and ideas for inspiration... Perhaps when it all comes down to it I can't work as well in a neat and organized studio as I can in a messy, colorful, yummy and inspirational one like my own. I do love my studio more than any other place and I think I will start that new log cabin quilt right now :)

No comments: