Friday, September 25, 2009

When time flies no ART is created....


I really do understand the term "artists block" now....never did before. For as long as I remember I have needed to create on a daily basis, anything really from drawing with my children, doodling on junk mail while on the phone or a 10x20 canvas painting. These last 3 months the need is gone :( I am afraid it will never come back...
The water leak and kitchen remodeling project is partly to blame I know.... the studio is now a sort of storage ground for boxes with pots and pans, spices and grandmas old china. It is a mess and I don't even want to go in there. The laptop is downstairs at the kitchen table these days.. 
My biggest worry is that I don't draw and write in my art journals....at all...they just lay there and wonder what on earth they did wrong. 
Have you ever suffered from "artists block" ? if so let me know....I need help I think...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sometimes we need to take a break. Your studio will call to you one day. I find when my studio is a mess I don't like to go in, I'll just start to organize things and in the process the desire to paint will come. Don't stress too much about it.